- Protect children and assist parents or caretakers in providing proper care and attention to children
- Remedy and decrease the risk of continuing abuse and neglect
- Provide an alternate plan of care for children when parents or caretakers are unable to proved proper and safe care for them;
The National Child Welfare information gateway offers tip sheets in English and Spanish on such subjects as:
- Preventing Child Sexual Abuse /Cómo prevenir el abuso sexual de menores
- Helping Your Child Heal From Trauma/Ayudando a su hijo a curarse del trauma
- How to Develop Strong Communities/Cómo desarrollar comunidades fuertes
If you are a youth-serving practioner, consider attending Montgomery County Collaboration Council’s Community of Practice’s Domestic Juvenile Sex Trafficking-Recognition Workshop. This workshop is free and will be offered on Thursday, May 4th. Contact Leteria Bailey to enroll.