Archive for August, 2017
- Active Learning ( 9/1/17)
- Youth Voice (9/8/17)
- Reframing Conflict ( 9/8/17)/em>)
- Understand how to ethically treat suicidal clients
- Identify how to discuss suicidality with your clients
- Create safety plans with your client
- Document suicidality in client notes
- Apply evidence-based strategies on how to treat a client after a suicide attempt
- Pre-registration deadline is 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- No refunds will be made after 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- In the event of inclement weather, please call EveryMind’s office after 6:00am on the day of the seminar for an update on the status of the seminar.
- Credit hours are ONLY given to those who attend the entire seminar.
- Registrants must sign in and out.
- Approved Category I by Board of Social Work Examiners of the State of Maryland.
- Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #5796. Seminars that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. EveryMind is solely responsible for all aspects of the seminars.
- Based on approval by the above licensing boards, continuing credits provided by EveryMind will be approved by the licensing boards of Washington, DC and Virginia for social workers.
Free Tdap and MCV4 immunizations will be offered to incoming students at the following locations:
School Health Services Center
4910 Macon Road, Rockville
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Dennis Avenue Health Center
2000 Dennis Avenue, Silver Spring
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Germantown Health Center
12900 Middlebrook Road, 2nd floor, Germantown
Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Thursdays 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Silver Spring Health Center
8630 Fenton Street, 10th floor, Silver Spring
Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
A copy of the child’s immunization record must be presented to staff to receive vaccinations. For more information on immunizations, call the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services’ Immunization Program at 240-777-1050 or School Health Services at 240-777-1550.
BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? YOU QUALIFY IF YOU:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Lived in the U.S. as a green card holder for more than 5 years (3 years if married to U.S. citizen)
- Have been physically present in the U.S. for more than 2 .5 years (18 months if married to U.S. citizen)
- Can show you have good moral character
- Can speak, read and write basic English
- Can pass a test on the U.S. government and American history
CALL US FOR FREE HELP
Saturday, August 26, 2017 — 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
White Oak Community Recreation Center
1700 April Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Call (202) 393-3572 for an appointment
Friday, October 27 at 4 pm – Sunday, October 29 at 2 pm
Rockwood Manor Retreat Center, Potomac, MD
See the attached flyer for more information. Space is limited! Registration is required. To register, contact Anne Baker, Director of Adult Bereavement Services at email@example.com or 301-990-0854
- August 8: Career Assessment
- August 15 : Career Coach
- August 22: Work Etiquette
In early 2017, MCFC co-led the creation of the Montgomery County Executive’s 5-Year Food Security Plan (www.montgomerycountymd.gov/foodsecurity), which outlines the path towards building a Montgomery County in which all people have access to safe, sufficient, and nutritious food, with dignity.
We seek a self-motivated, skilled, and goal-oriented Food Security Associate (FSA) dedicated to coordinating the Food Council’s FSP implementation initiatives. This is a 12-month contract position with the possibility of extension dependent on funding. The position requires a commitment of 37 hours per week with some required evening and weekend meetings. The FSA will report to the Food Council Executive Director. For Position Description please visit the Food Council’s website:
In response to International Overdose Awareness Day, Montgomery County invites you to:
2nd Annual Ceremony of Remembrance
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Come early for the Resource Fair at 5:30 pm
Montgomery County Circuit Court Rockville, MD
This event is hosted by S.O.U.L. (Surviving Our Ultimate Loss) families of Montgomery County in partnership with the Montgomery County Government and the Montgomery County Circuit Court Adult Drug Court