Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week returns April 24 – 28
There truly has never been a more important time in our nation to honor those who dedicate their careers to serving youth in out-of-school time settings. Hear Our Roar—Join the Thunderclap!
- The BEST opportunity to share the event with a mass audience is to join the National Afterschool Association’s Thunderclap. Thunderclap makes going viral possible by sending a single message about Appreciation Week at the same moment, across all social channels, so it rises above the noise. You can join the movement by donating both your personal and organization followers. Let’s make a boom!
- Make Plans to Celebrate: Families, leaders, and community members can all celebrate afterschool professionals. Download ideas here.
- Post on Social Media: Find sample posts and downloadable graphics here and a promotional video here. Include the hashtag #heartofafterschool in your posts!
- Share with Community Leaders, Members & Families: Send an email to colleagues and families, a press release to the media and rally your local officials to proclaim April 24 – 28 Afterschool Professionals Appreciation Week. Click here to access resources.
- And don’t forget to show your appreciation for Montgomery County’s local out of school time programs. infoMONTGOMERY’s Youth Development Resource Guide has many resources that support families with school-aged youth and youth workers.