Community Food Rescue is excited to share this year’s recipients of the CFR mini-grants, awarded to non-profit organizations to build their capacity to distribute recovered food to their clients. Thanks to the generous funding of Montgomery County’s DHHS, The Mead Family Foundation, and Burness, the review committee awarded $60,000 to eleven agencies. You can read this blog post http://bit.ly/2016CFRminigrants for all the details.
Montgomery County Police, Non-Emergency: (301) 279-8000
The Montgomery County Emergency Eviction Prevention service provides assistance to evicted families. For help or more information, contact 240-777-3075.
Homeless families can walk-in to any of the following regional offices:
- MidCounty DHHS Building 1301 Piccard Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
- DHHS Silver Spring Center 8818 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- UpCounty Regional Services Center 12900 Middlebrook Road, Germantown, MD 20874
- Neighborhood Service Center at Catholic Charities 12247 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20906
- Takoma East Silver Spring (TESS) Center 8513 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring, MD 20901
- Neighborhood Service Center at Family Services, Inc. 200 Girard Street (Suite 203), Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Bethesda Cares Clothing Closet
SNAP benefits supplements the grocery budget for low income families and individuals. Many people who receive Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) and Temporary Disability Assistance Program (TDAP) are also eligible to receive Food Stamps. To see if you meet the eligibility requirements for Maryland’s Food Supplement Program (FSP), click here