Here in Montgomery County, EveryMind has developed this printable guide of local and national resources, hotlines, support groups and other resources that provide mental health support. It is available on the Everymind website.
“More than Just Stress” aims to raise awareness among Asian American youth on mental health and wellness
All photonovels are available in multiple languages including Chinese, Hindi, Korean, and Vietnamese in addition to English. You can download the electronic versions of volume 1, 2, and 3 from the AAHI Resource Library
Behavior is a powerful form of communication and is one of the primary ways for people with dementia to communicate their needs and feelings as the ability to use language is lost. Join Lindsey Vajpeyi, Programs & Services Manager for the Alzheimer’s Association’s National Capital Area Chapter and Penny Gladhill, Director of the Volunteer Helping Hands program at Hospice Caring, for this workshop to learn to decode behavioral messages, identify common behavior triggers, and learn strategies to help intervene with some of the most common behavioral challenges of Alzheimer’s disease.Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 7 to 8:30 pm Hospice Caring, Inc. | 518 South Frederick Avenue | Gaithersburg, MD 20877 Space is limited! Registration is required.
Saturday October 21, 2017 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM EDTDoors will open at noon to allow attendees time to visit the information pathway and resource tables. Walk-ins are welcome and may register at the door. There is no cost to attend this event and all community members are welcome. This program will provide current information to attendees on medical, legal, and behavioral issues and supports related to opioid and substance abuse. This forum is designed to address unique issues among parents, caregivers, and youth. Activities include: • an information pathway of county statistics and personal stories • resource tables providing information about relevant local services and supports • keynote speakers, including: two-time Super Bowl Champion Dexter Manley • presentation of youth PSA video and poster contest award winners • information about the Good Samaritan law • interactive demonstrations and reflection activities especially for youth (note: SSL hours are available for this event) • behavioral and health changes that occur in those with current substance abuse issues • an introduction to Naloxone and panel discussion with a Q&A session
- Understand how to ethically treat suicidal clients
- Identify how to discuss suicidality with your clients
- Create safety plans with your client
- Document suicidality in client notes
- Apply evidence-based strategies on how to treat a client after a suicide attempt
- Pre-registration deadline is 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- No refunds will be made after 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- In the event of inclement weather, please call EveryMind’s office after 6:00am on the day of the seminar for an update on the status of the seminar.
- Credit hours are ONLY given to those who attend the entire seminar.
- Registrants must sign in and out.
- Approved Category I by Board of Social Work Examiners of the State of Maryland.
- Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #5796. Seminars that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. EveryMind is solely responsible for all aspects of the seminars.
- Based on approval by the above licensing boards, continuing credits provided by EveryMind will be approved by the licensing boards of Washington, DC and Virginia for social workers.
Friday, October 27 at 4 pm – Sunday, October 29 at 2 pm
Rockwood Manor Retreat Center, Potomac, MD
See the attached flyer for more information. Space is limited! Registration is required. To register, contact Anne Baker, Director of Adult Bereavement Services at email@example.com or 301-990-0854
In response to International Overdose Awareness Day, Montgomery County invites you to:
2nd Annual Ceremony of Remembrance
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Come early for the Resource Fair at 5:30 pm
Montgomery County Circuit Court Rockville, MD
This event is hosted by S.O.U.L. (Surviving Our Ultimate Loss) families of Montgomery County in partnership with the Montgomery County Government and the Montgomery County Circuit Court Adult Drug Court
For Example you can search Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) programs, including opioid treatment programs (OTPs), that combine behavioral therapy and medications to treat substance use disorders. For local programs,search infoMONTGOMERY, or visit the Statewide site for programs outside our county.