The Victim Services Subcommittee of the Maryland Human Trafficking Task Force (MHTTF) has compiled a resource directory to assist state agencies, providers, and members of the public in serving victims of trafficking. The following directory is a list of organizations and agencies that are actively involved in either victim services or public awareness activities to address human trafficking in Maryland. For more information on the Maryland Human Trafficking Task Force please visit: www.mdhumantrafficking.org
Here are just a few of the resources you’ll find:
- A printable poster to let students know they’re welcome at your school
- A helpful guide for supporting children from immigrant and refugee families
- Lessons for teaching a variety of immigration topic
- Before a Crisis Occurs. How can you and other school leaders assess your school’s climate with an eye toward defusing tension, preventing escalation and avoiding problems?
- When There’s a Crisis. What are the nine key points to consider when responding to a crisis that has been triggered by a bias incident at your school?
- After the Worst is Over. How can you address long-term planning and capacity building for the future, including development of social emotional skills?
Montgomery County Public Libraries Enroll First Students in Career Online High School Diploma Program
“White House, OJJDP Hold Listening Session on Mentoring Children of Incarcerated Parents”: A session was held to discuss mentoring strategies and honor 12 “Champions of Change” for their work with children of incarcerated parents.
Community Bridges Girls Program encourages at-risk girls to work with mentors to develop confidence, healthy relationships, and leadership skills. Call 301-585-7155 to learn more or to get involved.