Helping a Client in Crisis
EveryMind of Montgomery County is offering the following training for professionals:
Friday, September 29, 2017 9:00am – 12:00pm EveryMind Large Conference Room 1000 Twinbrook Parkway Rockville, MD 20851 Many clients seeking mental health support and treatment are at risk for suicide. This seminar will help to ensure you and your clients are prepared. This seminar is designed to help you:
- Understand how to ethically treat suicidal clients
- Identify how to discuss suicidality with your clients
- Create safety plans with your client
- Document suicidality in client notes
- Apply evidence-based strategies on how to treat a client after a suicide attempt
- Pre-registration deadline is 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- No refunds will be made after 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- In the event of inclement weather, please call EveryMind’s office after 6:00am on the day of the seminar for an update on the status of the seminar.
- Credit hours are ONLY given to those who attend the entire seminar.
- Registrants must sign in and out.
- Approved Category I by Board of Social Work Examiners of the State of Maryland.
- Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #5796. Seminars that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. EveryMind is solely responsible for all aspects of the seminars.
- Based on approval by the above licensing boards, continuing credits provided by EveryMind will be approved by the licensing boards of Washington, DC and Virginia for social workers.