May is Mental Health Awareness Month
According to statistics from the National Institute of Mental Health, 20% of youth ages 13-18 live a with mental health condition, and 50% of all lifetime cases of mental illness begin by age 14 and 75% begin by age 24.
- Learn the mental health facts and warning signs and take the pledge to support children and teens from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI):
- From Mental Health America (MHA): Keep a grateful journal, start your day with a cup of coffee, and 29 other tips to boost your Mental Health.
- 24-hour Crisis Center 240-777-4000
- Mental Health/Substance Abuse Screening and Referral/ACCESS to Behavioral Health Program 240-777-1770
- EveryMind. (formerly MHAMC) email@example.com
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Program 240-777-1450