- All programs meet after school from 3:30 – 5:30pm
- Rockville Memorial Library (Mondays)
- Marilyn Praisner / Burtonsville Library (Mondays)
- Long Branch Library (Tuesdays)
- Kensington Park Library (Tuesdays)
- Aspen Hill Library (Wednesdays)
- Silver Spring Black Box Theater (Thursdays).
Property tax bills for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2017 are available for viewing online via this page on the Montgomery County government web site. Property tax bills are determined by the assessment (updated every three years) times the tax rate. State, County and Municipal property taxes all appear on the same bill. County property tax rates are set by the County Council, State property tax rates are set by the Board of Public Works and municipal tax rates are set by municipal governments.
- Maryland Youth Crisis Hotlineis a confidential, secure, & anonymous way of reaching out for help when you don’t know where else to turn. Chat and hotline specialists are available. 1-800-422-0009
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis. If you need help, please dial 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 301-864-7130
- Visit National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention and the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, Bethe1 site to find these resources
- Know the Warning Signs
- Make a Safety Plan
- Know the Risk Factors
- Know the Evidence
- Report on Suicide Safely
- Stay Connected
Register here for September Workshops with our Community of Practice:
September 15th: Building Community
September 15th: Planning and Reflection
September 22nd: Homework Help
September 25-28th: Advancing Youth Development
September 29th: Ask-Listen-Encourage
September 29th: Cooperative Learning
- Proyecto Salud: Has two temporary locations. Mobile units have been set up in the parking lot of the Ambassador Apartments at 2729 University Blvd. West in Wheaton. Information about the service can be obtained at 301-962-6173. The other temporary location is 18111 Prince Philip Dr., No. 132, in Olney. For information about that location, call 301-260-1074.
- Adult Behavioral Health: Relocated to the former Broome School building at 751 Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville. Information about the service is available at 240-777-1384.
- Mid County United Ministries: Relocated to the former Broome School building at 751 Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville. Information about the service is available at 301-929-8675.
- Gilchrist Immigrant Resource Center: Relocated to Westfield North Building at 2730 University Blvd. West, Suite 220, in Wheaton. Information about the center is available at 240-777-4940.
- Wheaton Urban District Advisory Committee (WUDAC) meetings will be held at the Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad at 2400 Arcola Ave. in Wheaton. The meetings will be held in the Green Room on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Mid-County Citizens Advisory Board (MCCAB) meetings will be held at the Mid-County Community Recreation Center at 2004 Queensguard Rd. in Silver Spring. The meetings will be held in the large conference room on the third Tuesday of each month.
- Active Learning ( 9/1/17)
- Youth Voice (9/8/17)
- Reframing Conflict ( 9/8/17)/em>)
- Understand how to ethically treat suicidal clients
- Identify how to discuss suicidality with your clients
- Create safety plans with your client
- Document suicidality in client notes
- Apply evidence-based strategies on how to treat a client after a suicide attempt
- Pre-registration deadline is 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- No refunds will be made after 12:00pm on September 28, 2017.
- In the event of inclement weather, please call EveryMind’s office after 6:00am on the day of the seminar for an update on the status of the seminar.
- Credit hours are ONLY given to those who attend the entire seminar.
- Registrants must sign in and out.
- Approved Category I by Board of Social Work Examiners of the State of Maryland.
- Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #5796. Seminars that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. EveryMind is solely responsible for all aspects of the seminars.
- Based on approval by the above licensing boards, continuing credits provided by EveryMind will be approved by the licensing boards of Washington, DC and Virginia for social workers.
Free Tdap and MCV4 immunizations will be offered to incoming students at the following locations:
School Health Services Center
4910 Macon Road, Rockville
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Dennis Avenue Health Center
2000 Dennis Avenue, Silver Spring
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Germantown Health Center
12900 Middlebrook Road, 2nd floor, Germantown
Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
Thursdays 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Silver Spring Health Center
8630 Fenton Street, 10th floor, Silver Spring
Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
A copy of the child’s immunization record must be presented to staff to receive vaccinations. For more information on immunizations, call the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services’ Immunization Program at 240-777-1050 or School Health Services at 240-777-1550.
BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? YOU QUALIFY IF YOU:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Lived in the U.S. as a green card holder for more than 5 years (3 years if married to U.S. citizen)
- Have been physically present in the U.S. for more than 2 .5 years (18 months if married to U.S. citizen)
- Can show you have good moral character
- Can speak, read and write basic English
- Can pass a test on the U.S. government and American history
CALL US FOR FREE HELP
Saturday, August 26, 2017 — 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
White Oak Community Recreation Center
1700 April Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Call (202) 393-3572 for an appointment