- Trainer: an entity that is able to complete a needs assessment and develop a plan for targeted training. The training should be evidence based and should focus on cultural competency, trauma informed care, and developmentally appropriate provider treatment for Transitional Aged Youth related to the SAMHSA Systems of Care grant.
- Independent Local Evaluator: a qualified independent evaluator to conduct a multiyear evaluation of the Bridges to the Future, SAMHSA System of Care Expansion Grant for Montgomery County. The evaluation will employ qualitative and quantitative methods in order to describe Bridges progress in expanding the system of care and to identify the strategies that helped achieve that goal.
The closing date is June 29, 2017
Please see the entire solicitation for more information:
Immigrant students face multiple obstacles when adjusting to their new lives in the United States. Their formative years are spent in school and this environment has a profound effect on shaping their future as productive citizens. Schools can help ease their transition and in fact, must.
The US Dept of Education guidelines remind schools that in order to comply with federal laws, they must ensure “that students are not barred from enrolling in public schools at the elementary and secondary level on the basis of their own citizenship or immigration status or that of their parents or guardians.” Once enrolled, schools can find ways to help these students flourish.
MCCC created Bridges to the Future to expand its System of Care to reach and engage disconnected transition aged youth (TAY) with or at risk of serious emotional disorders ages 16-21 through care management and intensive crisis services.
Through this Open Solicitation, the Montgomery County Collaboration Council is seeking a communications consultant that will assess current social marketing needs for transition aged youth (16-21yr).
The deadline for questions is June 22, 2017
The closing date is June 29, 2017
Please see the entire solicitation here
- Montgomery County Parks
- Montgomery County Recreation Department
- To apply for financial aid, visit the Rec Assist (Financial Assistance) page
Ride On makes it easy for those under 18 to travel around the County in the summer by offering the Youth Summer Pass, which is loaded onto a Youth Cruiser SmarTrip Card. The Pass allows kids to take unlimited Ride On trips between June 1 and August 31 for a flat fee of $18.
Starting May 16, purchase the Youth Summer at the TRiPS Commuter Stores in Silver Spring, 8404 Colesville Road and Friendship Heights, 17 Wisconsin Circle; the Montgomery County Treasury Office, 255 Rockville Pike, Suite L-15, Rockville; online at www.SmarTrip.com, or at select CVS and Giant locations. See the complete list of locations.
Kids Ride Free hours continue during the summer. The summer pass can be used for all other rides when regular fares apply.
Kids who don’t have the Youth Cruiser SmarTrip Card can buy one for $2 at any County library with proof of age and residency. The card, which is designed for County residents who are in kindergarten through 12th grade, allows students to participate in Kids Ride Free and take advantage of discounted youth monthly and summer passes.
- Tips for Selecting a Health Plan
- Key Insurance Terms
- How to Obtain Pre-Authorization
- Knowing your Rights
- How to file complaints and contact the Advocacy Unit
Montgomery County Collaboration Council for Children, Youth and Families
Project Director, Full Time Position Available
The Project Director has overall responsibility for the implementation and management of “Bridges to the Future,” a SAMHSA- funded System of Care Grant to the Montgomery County Department of Behavioral Health and Crisis Services and the Montgomery County Collaboration Council for Children, Youth and Families, Inc. This grant will further develop the system of care to include comprehensive and integrated services for transitional-age youth and young adults ages 16-21 with serious mental health challenges and who are disconnected from school or employment. For complete position description, job responsibilities and how to submit your cover letter and resume please click here.
Be sure to tune in to Austin Heyman’s show, Seniors Today. It shares news and information of interest to senior residents of Montgomery County.Program airs on Comcast/RCN 6, Verizon 30 the following times: Sunday 6:00pm | Mon – (10:00am) | Tues – (1:00am, 12:30pm, 6:00pm) | Thurs – (2:30am, 6:00pm) | Fri (10:30am) | Sat – (2:00am).
- Learn the mental health facts and warning signs and take the pledge to support children and teens from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI):
- From Mental Health America (MHA): Keep a grateful journal, start your day with a cup of coffee, and 29 other tips to boost your Mental Health.
- 24-hour Crisis Center 240-777-4000
- Mental Health/Substance Abuse Screening and Referral/ACCESS to Behavioral Health Program 240-777-1770
- EveryMind. (formerly MHAMC) email@example.com
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Program 240-777-1450