Recycle/Dispose of your medications in Montgomery County
The next National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is October 22, 2016. We will link to local drop-off details when that information is available.We accept medicine which is expired or not longer needed as trash
- in our curbside trash collections
- at the Shady Grove Processing Facility and Transfer Station
- Place unwanted or expired medication into a sealable plastic bag or other empty container to prevent liquid medications from leaking out.
- Mix with kitty litter, coffee grounds or sawdust. (Liquid medications can be solidified using kitty litter or sawdust.)
- Seal the bag and/or container.
- Put the bag and/or container containing the medication into your regular household trash.
- Remove the label with the patient’s name from the original medicine vial or bottle.
- Place the empty plastic vial or bottle into your blue recycling bin. Empty aerosol inhalers can be recycled in your recycling bin, too.
- Chevy Chase Village Police Department Medication Drop Box, 5906 Connecticut Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- City of Gaithersburg Prescription Medication Disposal, 14 Fulks Corner Avenue Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877-2066
- City of Takoma Park Prescription Drug Take Back, 7500 Maple Avenue, 1st Floor Lobby, Takoma Park, Maryland 20912